Sunday, May 13, 2007

culinary school

I know I'm going to dental hygiene school, but I really enjoy cooking. I find it to be an adventure everyday. It's just so fun. I think one day, maybe within the next ten years, I'll go to culinary school for fun. By then, maybe I won't need to work as a hygienist anymore and just stay home and cook all day. I look forward to it one day, maybe, if it ever happens.

I don't think I would want to be a chef at a restaurant because I would be limited in what I could cook. I would just love to cook what I want for my family. And when I mean cook, I mean a five course meal starting with appetizers and ending with desserts. And everything would be homemade from scratch.

The only part I don't like about cooking is cleaning up. When I'm done at the end of the day, there is a pile of dishes and utensils. My hubby says that I use a lot of unnecessary tools and dishes to cook. He may be right, but I feel what I do gets the job done the best. Like the pros say, you can't use a screw driver to hammer in a nail, so why compromise the same way when cooking? And if that means using three different cutting boards (one for garlic and ginger, vegetables, and raw meat), then so be it. I only have one cutting board by the way, and I've been bugging my hubby to get some more.

Hmm, well anyway, that was just a thought. I don't know if I'm serious, but it would be nice if I could go to culinary school one day. I was actually thinking about it while I was in college but I don't know why I never looked into it.

No comments: